What we learned from Bear Lake....



















As part of FHE tonight, we asked each child what they learned from our weekend at Bear Lake. And these are their answers:
Annabelle: "Blyss is so cute and Abe likes to bite Matthews/Max toes."
Stephen: "Cameron is my friend and loves Star Wars. And has a Star Wars book."
Joshua: "Max pushed me."
Emily: (she was not having a good night and so she chose not to participate)
Trevor: " Abe is really cute. Cameron loves Star Wars and Zach thinks my name is Awesome."
(I threw that last one in myself cause I think it's so funny)
Sarah: "Blyss is cute. Kassidy is a worry wart and everyone loves each other so much."
then Trevor threw in another one:
"It's amazing that you can get 36 people together in one house and still get along and have fun together."
So those are just a few things we learned. Our lesson was on Brotherhood and I think that last weekend was a great example of showing Love to our "brothers".

A few highlights:
*four wheeling with Trevor. Made me feel like we were in high school again... so fun.
*our awesome "leisure bike" race. There is absolutley nothing "leisure" about those bikes. They took a lot of work.
*playing Frisbee in the lake with Trevor and Chris. Im pretty sure I don't know anyone funnier than Chris. And he does a mean dive for the frisbee.
*Talent show. Grandma H. dancing, me beating Chelsey arm wrestling (yeeesss- sorry chels), watching the boys wrestle and Amy being the champ leg wrestler. That girl is strong~
*staying up late listening to funny stories.
*Last but the best.. all the laughing!
It was a great weekend and we absolutely can't wait for another two years when we get to do it again!

Comments

Tina Mitchell said…
I'm laughing so hard at that pic of joshie he's so stinking cute!
Brent said…
Gotta love that top right hand picture. They are all great.
What I learned: Every single grandkid is cute and joshy could care less whether there is a bathroom around or not. If he has to go, just drop your drawers and go to town!
Chris and Jenna said…
I'm glad that your kids learned so much about my kids. :) What a great time that was! We miss you already & we too are counting down the next 2 years when we can do it again!
P.S. You should go read this story http://themeanestmom.blogspot.com/2010/07/exposed.html
It's hilarious & reminded me of the story you told about your sister.