I'll just do it.. Day 1

The 30 day challenge, I mean. Since Stacie, Jenna and Jenee are all doing it, 
I though I'd join in the fun.

So here you go:  
Day 1
A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was.
My day started out okay at 7:00 and I was able to get the kids off to school with a well fed belly and lunches packed. But then I came home and laid on the couch until 10:00. I slept off and on, watching cartoons with Joshua and allowed him to get on Kidzui. I was feeling down. in the. dumps. Just plain tired and onery.

I finally snapped out of it and got myself dressed and did some makeup and I actually felt a ton better. (I think makeup has some kind of magic feel-goodness potion in it cause it always helps me perk right up)

But I decided it's all about my attitude. While I was moping around and feeling bad, I was tired and didn't want to do anything. But as I laid there and thought of all the good things I could be doing, my attitude changed and I ended up going on a walk with Joshua and we enjoyed the bright, beautiful day.

And it has been a very good day. We made pretzels for our after school snack, had a belated FHE, given by Stephen (we were called to repentance- just kidding but we did each have to tell of something we did wrong, how we corrected it and so on.....), and we voted in this very important election.

And now, I am updating this here blog whose header I keep changing (sorry about that; you should just get used to it changing a lot) while Trevor watches Fox News, keeping a vigilant watch over who is voted in and who is voted out. So far, so good.

Comments

Chris and Jenna said…
I'm sorry you're feeling so down...but at least you have make up to cheer you up! :) I love make up too!
Jenée's Blog said…
I am chuckling about your theory on make-up... I totally agree. -I just haven't ever been able to say my feelings as brilliantly as you just did. :-P
I look forward to reading your 30 Day Challenge, too!!
Unknown said…
What are you supposed to do in the next 30 days? I'm sorry you feel down. I get like that at times too. Good for you for turning your day around!