It's been a bit of a weird day....

There are lots of reasons why.

I have what I assume to be allergies or just a bad cold. Because of it, I slept in way past the time I pressed the third snooze button.

Our hot water heater wasn't working this morning so no one showered. We all felt a little stinky and a little greasy (I think Im the only one who felt that actually. the kids are totally ok going without a daily cleaning. Gross, I know)

Stephen had a baseball game today~ totally cool! and he did such a great job!

BUT it was freezing cold and I couldn't find the truck key before I left so we had to walk to the game. It was freezing. Did I say that already? It was in the 40s and windy and freezing. We were all okay for the first 20 minutes but it was all downhill after that. Joshua started talking like a baby (a habit I hope he quits soon) and the girls began fighting. What was slightly annoying became agonizingly miserable (I may be exaggerating a bit)
It ended up that Trevor took the truck key to work and so he had to bring it to me at the game and drop us off at home.

By the time we got home, the water heater guy was there to fix it (yay!) I cleaned up the house and was so relieved to be able to take a long, hot shower.

I had to go to the store to get some supplies for our ward party that was this evening. I go to get the truck key from wherever Trevor put it..and couldn't find it anywhere~ I called him up and said "Will you do me a favor? Will you put your hand in your pocket and see what comes out?"

He says "Are you kidding me?? I'll be right home." We laughed...but for me at least, it was to keep from crying/screaming.

I lost my keys the last time we were in SLC and haven't been able to find them yet. It has turned our world upside down... another exaggeration but it is definitely annoying.

We had our ward party tonight which turned out great. The Primary had the Bishopric do a pie eating contest and this is what happened:
Smart guys..one gets a whole lot of pie in his mouth at once and two use a spoon. Both are excellent and well chosen ways of eating pie if you ask me....

I probably haven't given good enough reasons for it being a weird day but trust me, it has. A day where bedtime is (almost) welcome. I do like to stay up late you know. And tonight Trevor is watching Hannity at 10 so it's going to be an especially late night...I don't mind one bit...

This is how Josh fell asleep tonight. I think Trevor must have a soothing voice to Joshy; it happens a lot during scripture reading.
As I was uploading pictures I came across this one. It makes me happy.
Don't let Trevor fool you, he's not as heavy as he looks to be (is that an insult? I don't mean it to be...)

Later taters...

Comments

Wowza sarah! What a day! it sounds like its going to end wonderfully though. Tell stevo good
job on his first game!
Jill said…
Days like that are hard to get through...but we always do! Good job on Steven's first game!
I want to come up and see Steven play ball! When does his season end? I can't even imagine having that key problem! It would be terribly annoying. We only have one set for my car and sometimes when she breaks down and Adam plans on spending the day fixing her, I accidently take the keys with me and then Adam can't fix her. It is annoying!
Brent said…
Josh reminds me of the times when they first started FHE. We could never start until the chores were done about 7:30 ( a late evening when you get up at 2:00 a.m., like my dad did) He would always fall asleep during the lesson and he was giging it.
Madsens said…
I have those days more often than not. I can't believe how cold it is there! Send some of that our way. We skipped spring and went straight to summer.
Chris and Jenna said…
I despise losing keys. There was one day I had the kids all loaded up to go to Maverick so I could get a Diet DP and I realized Chris accidently took the keys with him to work. As sad as it is, I almost started crying that I couldn't go get my soda. I swear sometimes that is the only thing that gets me through my day...I bet a big, icy soda would have made the day less 'weird'. :)