The Snake River

is crazy high and very fast right now. 
We went to the library today and decided to walk to Wal Mart afterwards. 
We walked along the Snake River and it is amazing right now!
Not to mention beautiful...


It was a long walk but it was so much fun and we had minimal fighting. 
A win-win in my opinion...

****************************

Lately I've been trying to teach my kids some stuff~imagine that!  
Every time we go to the store, I take just a certain amount of money
and Emily gets out the calculator on my phone and we add up what we are buying.
If we go over, we put something back.
Or like today, we were way under and so I was able to get me a Diet Dr. Pepper. 
Not only am I teaching my kids the power of money but also that if you're an adult, you can get what you want if you have some of your own money left over. 
(I did buy them some licorice though)

One day when they start buying their own stuff, hopefully they'll remember this...

Comments

You are such a good mom sarah.
Chris and Jenna said…
I need to go explore my town a little more...you guys are always out doing such fun things! Nothing better than a long walk on a summer day! :)
Brent said…
Sounds like a very relaxing time