It's the last day

                                                                      of 2011!

I am welcoming a New Year. 2012 is going to be full of good things, experiences and lots of growing

up...between the kids and Carl, there's a lot of growing to be done. This year I am going to simply enjoy

my children instead of mourning the fact that they are no longer babies. I definitely miss my babies but to

be able to experience their life with them and to help them become their best is exciting and I'm going to

enjoy it! I'm not going to sit around and be sad and mopey (it's not really in my nature to do that but kids can

do crazy things to your mind!).

This year Josh will be starting school, Annabelle will go to middle school, Stephen will be baptized and Emily

is going to be over a decade old...There's going to be a lot happening here at the Haslem household and we

are going to love every minute of it. Except for our trials, which we will hopefully have the patience and the

faith and the perseverance to rise above and become better because of them.

Like I said, there will be lots of growing!

To celebrate the good year to come, tonight we are having a  Par~Tay!

We have planned our menu with each person suggesting items.

This is what we've come up with:

Shrimp Scampi
Ice Cream Cones
7-Layer Dip
Italian Cheese Dip
Jello Jigglers
Little Weenies in Barbecue Sauce
Jalepeano Poppers wrapped in bacon
Grape Soda


We plan on playing Uno, Catch Phrase, sing some Karaoke and probably play a few of our "homemade"

games.

We wish you all a very happy New Year! And a great New Years celebration!

(we had an unusually warm day on Friday...and then it snowed!)

Comments