The beginning.

Our weekend always starts at 5:45 p.m. Friday afternoon. Which is by far the best time of any day of the week. This friday we took a "mini"date and went and rented our movie and bought our treats for Nacho Movie Night.
Usually the start of our weekend is the best because it means a whole 2 days spent together.


Except for this weekend. Saturday we spent apart. And although we were apart, we both had great Saturdays. Trevor went to his brothers to help build a fence and then came home and made the kids stuffed crust pizza for dinner. Plus they were able to stay up late to watch a movie.

I went to St Anthony to do a sweet and gorgeous girls hair for Jr. Miss. She seriously was beautiful and won two different awards. This particular pageant was much different than I expected. The girls were all so nice to each other, complimenting the other girls and giving encouragement. And they were all super talented. It was about more than beauty, it was who the girls were as individuals.  It was so much fun and it would be awesome to be able to do it again.

But before I did that, I went and hiked the "R" mountain with Carl. It was the first hike of the year and it was better than I had hoped it would be. Carl loved it, I was able to get a great workout in (and my legs are hurting so good today) and I realized that I would really like to start trail running. I ran a lot of the hike on Saturday but it's pretty rocky terrain and Carl kept almost tripping me. He needs a little more leash training.

(yes, that is twine for a leash; I couldn't find his actual leash anywhere)

Tomorrow is the start of a whole new week. We have two baseball games, inventory for Trevor (a very long day), a tour of BYUI for Young Womens, and that's about as busy as our week gets.
Hopefully we'll have more nights like tonight where we sit around the table practicing our accents. I do an "okay" southern accent but I am horrible on any others I try. Trevor, however has an excellent Italian accent. You'd be surprised at how much he sounds and looks like an Italian.
So that's as exciting it gets here.
And maybe one night we'll throw in a game of charades (our favorite game).

Comments