A lady.

A few weeks ago, as we were sitting around the dinner table talking, just having gotten done with dinner, Annabelle tells us a story of something that happened to her that day. She told us that during class she burped really loudly and everyone laughed. She thought it was a great story and pretty funny. Trevor and I however, did not find it funny. Not even a little bit. I told her how inappropriate it was to do that and asked if her teacher heard her (because heaven forbid the one adult in the room thinks my child's disgusting...) She replied that yes she thinks she did  hear her loud and disgusting burp (exaggerated there by me). I was disappointed in her and let her know that. I want my girls to grow up and be ladies. Not prudish or haughty, but genuine, kind, polite, etc...
As her punishment, we made her write a letter to her teacher apologizing. We told her that we weren't sure if we were going to make her give it to her but that she did have to write it.
Here's what she wrote..all by herself:

Dear Ms. Barnes,

On Thursday I made a burp during recess while I was in with you and some other kids. If you heard it , I'm sorry. If you didn't hear it I'm still sorry. I don't really think I'm a girl who would do that anymore.

Sincerely, Annabelle


Precious.

Comments

Haha Sarah that is priceless. good job you two;)