Uplifted

I read an article today on the benefits and ways of spoiling oneself. At this point in my life, I have many more opportunities to spoil myself than I did say...three years ago. But usually I just don't feel like it. It gets downright lonely not having any children following me around all day. But I can see the benefits of allowing room for leisure time during my day. And while I am not going to start "spoiling" myself, I have come up with ways to alleviate some of the loneliness.
Just tonight we sat down as a family and watched some Mormon Messages videos. I was so uplifted and inspired. Just sitting down for a few minutes each day to watch a video or two can really be a great mood booster! The same could be said for taking a few minutes to read an article in the Ensign or a general conference talk. I don't do it nearly enough.
Right now, I am waiting for Trevor to get done showering and so I am sitting here on the couch in front of a warm fire and I'm updating my blog. And it is SO enjoyable! Why don't I do it more often? I know how to build a fire, and I'm sure if I try hard enough, I could find something to update my blog about.
I love to read. In fact right now, I 'm reading Cold Sassy Tree and I'm really enjoying it. Know what else I love? Carbonation. I could just combine the two anytime during the day and it could make for a great hour or so.
Sometimes I get the urge to bake. Just this evening I made some cookies that weren't very good...at all. I must have done something wrong (obviously...we're all well aware of my cookie failures) because Candice gave me the recipe (2 smashed bananas, 1 cup of oats and some chocolate chips) and her cookies turned out fine. Anyway I could spend time in the kitchen more, where it's warm and I can bake yummy food (not gross cookies).For the last couple of weeks  I've been trying to find a great granola bar recipe and have really enjoyed trying to find the right one...but I'm not there yet.
I know that even mom's with 3 young boys at home, who are so rambunctious and mischievous, and a little baby girl on the way, can take ten minutes out of her day to do some of these things as well. (Candice: that's a not-so-subtle-hint for you). No matter what stage of life we're in, allowing ourselves some enjoyment makes even the mundane tasks more bearable...and the alone-ness less noticeable.
 (to be honest though, I would still rather have my kids and Trevor home with me. Will summer ever come?!?)