Thursday, April 8, 2010

paint with me thursday!

Simply Feather
So here is my "art" on umbrellas:
I was outside with the boys yesterday
drawing with chalk and I thought it would
be a perfect time to do my art~
All spring break this year, it rained
and was really crummy weather.....
and we had no umbrella
 but really wished we did.
i especially want the one we saw at Target,
 a bubble umbrella.. so super cute.


Today I did a little spring cleaning.
I washed the slipcovers on the
 couch and found the usual:
top ramen noodles, a gummy worm,
 money, and some game pieces.
 Well, not actually money,
just a penny and im not even  sure that it's considered currency anymore.
What I really want to know though,
 is who ate top ramen on the couch?
Seriously what kind of mother would I be
 if I let my kids eat soup on the couch??? 
 I'm rambling a bit and this last paragraph had absolutley nothing to do with umbrellas.

 Oh well, enjoy my art...

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ha! That is so funny that you found ramen in your couch...I find similar things under the cushions too!.:) Thanks for stopping by my blog, I would be flattered if you bookmarked it.
I love your umbrella!

Feather said...

sidewalk chalk doodling is one of my favorite activities outside. i just bought a new package of chalk...is it just me or is a new package just about the best thing in the world? anyway, your drawing is so vibrant! i love the colors in the umbrella. it's making me want to get out to the sidewalk. but is just so windy!

blue china studio said...

I like your umbrella with all its' bright colors. Very cheerful. And really liked your photo.

Steph said...

So cool! How did you do that? I mean, I know you drew it with sidewalk chalk, but there's more to it than that. I love the look and bright colors and shadows in this picture.