Book Review from Goodreads

Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer




This book is just a tease!!! I want more. NOW!
Seeing everything through Edwards eyes was good....and bad.

I wasn't nearly as annoyed with Bella as I was in the first 2 books. She was surprisingly more real to me. And more relate-able and like-able. Maybe that's because Edward is so in love with her. The way he describes his love is the way every girl (at least this girl!) wants her lover to feel for her.

Of course, I don't want "my man" to have a thirst for my death. Or blood, for that matter. And I guess that's what made it bad for me. I liked being in the dark a little more when it came to his sense of killing. The book started and he was apathetic to his life and everyone around him. Bella turns his whole world around and he becomes a killer again. I saw Edward as much more of a savage in Midnight Sun than I ever did before.

But as I neared the end of the book, the last 2 or 3 chapters, I saw where the author was going with his thoughts had she been able to finish the book. He was becoming "humane" again and in no way apathetic or a savage. The love he felt for Bella was overpowering his hunger for her.
And hello!?!, SWOON!!!

An excellent beginning to what I imagine will be my favorite Twilight novel.



View all my reviews

Comments