I love my kids but sometimes I get in the heat of the moment and say things I regret and/or don't mean.

Take these for instance:

"If you don't finish your milk, you'll never drink milk again!"

"If you don't {do this or that} you'll never see your grandma again!"

"I'm the mom and I can be mean if I want to be mean!"

I have to say that the top two I got in trouble for. The first one, I got in trouble by Trevor (although he laughed while getting mad at me) and the second one by my mom. She didn't like me threatening my kids with her... I think I can understand what she means...

I would also like to add that the top two were said when my kids were little and I had little experience to go by. I hope by now I have gotten a little wiser/smarter and I watch my tongue more when I say things.

And I said that last one a week ago to Annabelle. She was giving major attitude and got some Tabasco sauce on her tongue (for another of my mean mom moments, see this post). I didn't let her get a drink for about an hour and so I was branded mean.

I'm okay with that.

Annabelle wasn't thinking I was mean here; and she looks so cute and I love that Emily is looking at her. I made the girls hug each other yesterday for no reason other than it makes me happy to see them love each other. And Joshua looks a little crazy in this picture. 
And Stephen thinks I'm perfect (HA!)

Comments

Chris and Jenna said…
I was laughing so hard at your text earlier. Let your girls know that my kids have already dubbed me the meanest mom in the whole wide world so you are not allowed that title! ;) I think it's okay to be mean every once in a while...I'd hate for my kids to grow up thinking I was perfect all the time! ;)