Are you a pontificator?

My kids are out of school today and have now become missing.

Which means I'm alone.

It's just me, Carl and some music.

And a ddp.

It's kind of nice.

On Tuesday this week, I heard two intelligent women use the word "pontificate" (used as a verb). And each time I heard it, I thought about what a weird word it is. I looked it up and in an effort to sound smarter, I'm going to try to use it at least one time in the next week.

Just kidding.

I don't need to sound smart to know that I am smart.

But sometimes it'd be kind of nice to replace my "hick" talk with words like pontificate.

So I bet you want to know what it means.

You probably already know but here you are anyway:

pontificate: vb to speak or to behave in a pompous or dogmatic (arrogant) way.

I've known some people who liked to pontificate.

Look at how cute and big Carl is getting!?!


He's kind of getting annoying...but we love him still....

Comments