It feels crazier.

Ever since summer started, life seems to have gotten crazier. I don't have time to do a lot of things I use to do. I don't exercise until almost 10 o'clock and my to do list of house chores is never done by the time I get to bed. I'm not complaining because so far summer has been great. I think though that's it's up to me to do the things I want to do instead of always doing what's next on my list. For instance, I would love to sit down with a book during the day (something I always made time for before). I would love to sew something and make something pretty with my girls and something messy with my boys. I should get the camera out more often and take photos of the fun things we do. Like hula hooping as a family and coloring on the sidewalk with chalk. And more pictures of our play dates...


Since summer started we have had to come up with a few new rules.

1. NO interrupting mom when she is on the treadmill. (unless you are bleeding, I don't want to hear about it until my time is up.)
2. NO computer or t.v. time until you are ready for the day and you room is clean.
3. No fighting or arguing or tattling or hitting or complaining or whining or yelling at each other.

The girls both went to Art Camp this week and had a lot of fun. Here they are showing off their mosaics they made that day in class:

I've got them signed up for some more classes this summer and they are super excited. And after this week, I see a lot of grubby clothes with lots of paint splatters being worn more permanently in our future. That's just fine by me....