Today

You know you have an inherently good child when she comes to you after already having gone to bed just to let you know that if you want to use her new nail polish that she just bought with her own money, to go ahead, it's in the bathroom on the counter.

For FHE tonight, we learned about cooperation. So that we could learn to cooperate, we played a game where you have to drop a bean in a can as many times as your age and whoever gets to their age first is the winner. Our kids loved this game; there was a lot of laughing, a lot of cheering on and no fighting. I hope that what they learned really cements into their brain tonight while they sleep so that we have a more cooperative day tomorrow.

As I was doing the dishes tonight after the kids went to bed and Trevor was showering, I realized something that I already knew but had never really thought about. I am very fortunate to be living the life I live. Although it seems like recently, by the end of the day, there's more things that didn't get done, than that did. I am taxed out by nine p.m. I've lost what patience I had and am more irritable than usual until the kids are in bed. But this morning I prayed for patience. I felt myself losing it around two o'clock and felt prompted to make the boys lay down and watch a movie for an hour. The girls were happily crafting in their room. I went and sat in my favorite spot and read for an hour. It was exactly what I needed to recharge myself and prepare for the next 2 1/2 hours until Trevor came home (he's my saving grace-I'm always my better self when he's around). Trevor is always my reminding me of the things I do get done, the things I do well. He's never made me feel like I'm not good enough; never asked me to do something better; has never complained about the way I things are done.

Tomorrow when I get up, I'm going to pray for patience again and I'm just going to do my best. And at the end of the day, it'll be enough. And hopefully, I'll have taken some pictures (another one of those things that usually doesn't get done....)