Things.

(This post tonight is going to be a little random.)

Today was a hard day. I woke up at 6 a.m. and I just am never going to be a morning person. But I got the kids ready for school, made them Scottish Oatmeal (it's just blended up oats but really good) and even got them to the bus stop on time. Since it was Josh's first day, I followed the bus to the school so that I could help him get to the right places. I'm so glad I did. It was sad to see him go with his class. Really sad. I may have cried a lot in front of my friend. But she didn't mind because she understood. I got in my truck and allowed myself to cry the whole way home (and I may have sobbed a time or two...).
I got home, took a long relaxing shower, blow dried and curled my hair for possibly the first time in months and cleaned up the house. By that time, it was time to pick Josh up from school. The time went much faster than I expected. He had a great day...a really great day. Ever since he's gotten home he's been acting more mature. I guess school will do that to a kid. Well school and not being around a mom who babies him.
When I picked him up, I treated him to a McDonald's happy meal.
Cause I'm nice like that.
It was, surprisingly, a good day. It made Josh so happy to be going to school so I guess I can make a sacrifice and let him continue going.
Since school has started, it's time to get back on a regular schedule. Which means we have to eat a little earlier than 8:30. And tonight we ate at 7:15! It's amazing!
(notice the clock so you don't think I'm lying)
Emily, Annabelle and Stephen also had really good days today. Everyone loved their teacher(s) and got to have at least one of their friends in their class(es).
Everyone is excited to go back tomorrow....hallelujah because they really don't have a choice.

Hey Jessica! I love my new earrings! Thank you so much sweet sister! It's not a great picture but I get tired of trying to get good ones. Sometimes they just have to be "good enough"!

They look awesome with my "old lady" nightgown I'm wearing! Love you!