My first marathon.

It was the hardest thing I have ever done. That includes both labors without the epidural. Seriously it was freaking hard. 
But it was so amazing. And despite how hard it was I plan on doing more in my future, if I can only heal from this one. 
I ran it with my sisters Jessica and Candice. We spent months and months training for this and we were so excited. Three weeks before the race, I injured my leg and so I stopped running and started biking. I was going to the Physical Therapist but he didn't have much hope for it being a good race for me. Before I injured myself, I had only gotten in an 18 mile run. I should have done a 22 mile run the week after that but I couldn't. I was pretty nervous for those three weeks. 
We went to St. George early to make sure we had plenty of time to visit with our family. Unfortunately, I was so scared that I wasn't going to be able to finish the race or even run it, that I was not the best company. The night before Trevor gave me a second blessing. He told me that I would finish the race. I needed to hear that. 
Us three girls woke up at 3:30 in the morning so we could be up at the starting line early. It was so enjoyable to sit around the campfire with them and wait for it to start. I loved just being with them. 7:00 came too soon...we started running. I could already tell my leg was not going to do very well. It hurt. I think I started limping soon after mile one. I was so frustrated but I kept running. Before we got to Veyo hill, my knee started hurting (I had injured it the previous spring). But I kept going. I was concentrating so hard just to be able to keep running. Around mile ten, I thought I was done. I had no idea how I was going to be able to finish it. But I just kept thinking about the blessing Trevor gave me. I knew I could finish it. But I don't think I would have if Candice wasn't there with me. She just kept encouraging me the whole time. She never left my side. She was amazing! Since this was her seventh time running it, she knew what markers there were to keep me going. She knew that after certain hills, there would be an easier stretch. There are parts of the race that I don't even remember. However I do remember when we came down into St. George. I have never felt so much relief and excitement. I knew at that point I could finish. We had about 3 miles left. At five hours, we had about 2 or 2 1/2 miles left~ those were the hardest miles of the whole race but I was excited to be almost done~ it took me 43 minutes just to run miles that would have taken 20 minutes had I not been hurting. My feet were killing me, my knee and my leg were hurting. Actually I think everything from the stomach down hurt. Candice just kept me going. I seriously couldn't have finished if she wasn't there with me. Once we saw the finish line I was able to pick up the pace (by very little) and make it in. I was the person who pretty much collapsed when I crossed the finish line. I felt beyond lame. But I was so happy to be done. So so happy. 
I met all my family after that and I felt awesome. But I could barely move. In fact I couldn't start moving normally until the following Wednesday. And even then I was still hurting. My stomach was even sore! I'm still healing. I tried to run on Monday but I couldn't. I think I got about a block in before I had to stop. So for now, my exercise consists of walking (I really don't like walking for my work outs~I always feel the urge to run). I plan to run a marathon next spring and the St. George again next year. Unless I get hurt a month before...if so, I will say NO WAY! I learned my lesson but I am so glad I did it. It's increased my faith in blessings and in having prayers answered. 
(pre-race...I don't want anyone to see what I looked like at the end... 
My sisters still looked gorgeous though.)