thrifty..

I dont do coupons or bargain shopping
but I LOVE a good thrift store.
I had a great time thrift shopping with Candice today. We went to the Goodwill by my house~lucky that i have one  so close~ and got some  great finds. Its usually hit and miss there. Today, I saw picture frames for 7.99!!! I was shocked. The prices are all over the place~ really high, or cheap.You never know.....
Anyway, I got that pillow for 1.99, originally  from Pier One. I have, of course, washed it and threw away the old pillow form and replaced it with one from a pillow I was tired of. It would be really disgusting to lay our heads on someones elses old drool marks, you know?
I got a Banana Republic skirt for 3.99, a Talbots dress (seriously, I think it's new) for 5.99 and those lovely curtains? 1.99!! Trevor couldn't believe they only cost that~ ha ha... he hates them but was kind enough to hang my curtain rod up for me tonight.. .. Im sure most people would hate them but I don't. And I get to decorate my own house, right? Plus they match my couch, which I have decided not to change. The color has actually grown on me. Who knew...
Oh, plus I got some plates for Emilys birthday party tomorrow. We are going to decorate cupcakes and send them home on their very own "vintage" plates. I can't believe my baby is turning 9.... sniff sniff...
Pictures of the craziness to come...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish I lived by a Goodwill! My sister-in-law in West Jordan goes everyday I think and she finds the greatest stuff! I love the curtains... what great stuff!
Jill said…
Sounds like some good finds, Sarah!
Chris and Jenna said…
I'm so jealous! We don't have any second hand stores by us so I'm always sad when I see all the great stuff people get. You should check out www.allthingsthrifty.blogspot.com They do awesome things with stuff from the D.I.